3.09.2010

INSPIRED BY: Kat Geiger

I mentioned a DIY project that I was doing a couple weekends ago, and here are the results! I took inspiration from a post a while back from Design*Sponge where Kat Geiger put a new spin on a family photo using an old thesaurus and cut out pictures.

I decided that I didn't want the brown background, so I white-washed mine and used a purple tree silhouette in place of humans. After 2 days of painting and drying, and hours of laboring over that tree with an x-acto knife, my project was complete and I'm thrilled with how it turned out!

I have a crappy point and shoot camera, so it doesn't really do the coloring justice, but you can just imagine it brighter, whiter, and more fabulous :)

3 comments:

Lisa Ferron said...

It's lovely and I'm happy you found something to do with that canvas :)

Unknown said...

Please do more with this creative 'you'....you know I am loving this blog. I know I'll always find a smile here....gma

Kat said...

Love it! Happy that inspiration is catching :)